“Please note that the processing of your mortgage loan request may be delayed due to the closure of many of the County Clerk’s offices throughout the region. For additional information on how this may affect your mortgage loan request, please contact Jack Holtzhauer: 973-945-1057; firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Pre-Approval, Purchase, or Refinance
A home mortgage is one of the most important loans you will need. UFCU has a line of mortgage products available for purchasing a new home or vacation home, refinancing an existing mortgage, or taking advantage of the equity in your existing home. Our mortgages are available in the continental United States.
- Competitive low rates
- No points. No prepayment penalties
- Affordable mortgage options
- Mortgage pre-qualification
- Expert help from a UFCU mortgage specialist
- Quick approvals and local closings make the entire process fast and hassle-free
Purchase-Money Mortgage Loans Available with Down Payment as low as 5%
- 5% Down Payment Program
- Maximum loan amount $548,250.00
- Owner occupied, single family homes. Includes townhomes and condominiums
- Minimum FICO Score for 5% Down Program is 720
- Down Payments of less than 20% require private insurance
Get started on your mortgage application or pick up where you left off
Have the following information available when applying:
- The income for all borrowers – Your W2s and tax returns will provide the information you need
- Your current monthly expenses – Write down your monthly expenses like rent, mortgage, utilities, credit cards, average spending, etc.
- An estimate of the funds you have available for a down payment, closing costs, taxes, and other costs.
Print the PDF version and submit it by mail:
Unilever FCU, P.O. box 1112, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Our Vice President of Lending
Experienced professionals you can count on!
UFCU MLS# 457994
Have additional questions?
Please reach out and contact us.
The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act is designed to enhance consumer protection and reduce fraud by requiring a nationwide registration system for mortgage loan originators (MLOs). Each MLO obtains a unique identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). This information allows a consumer applying for a mortgage loan to verify the MLO is properly registered and to obtain basic information about the MLO’s mortgage lending history. Unilever Federal Credit Union: NMLS #457994.
Home Equity Line of Credit
A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a revolving credit line secured by the equity in your home. Use your home’s equity for anything you need:
- Remodel your home
- Consolidate high interest credit cards or personal loans
- Pay for educational expenses
Benefits of a HELOC
- Rates as low as 3.75% APR*
Lower interest rate than paying with your credit cards or personal loans
- Access funds for 10 years (funds are there when you need them)
- No points, no annual fees, low closing costs
- No prepayment penalty
- Max credit line amount $75,000.00
- Pay interest only on the funds you use
- Access up to 75% of your home’s value
- HELOC available in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut
Ways to Access Your HELOC Loan
- Automated account access transfer
- Write a check
- Funds transfer to a UFCU checking account
- Minimum FICO credit score 760
- Secured by primary residence only
- UFCU membership
Approximate Closing Costs
- New Jersey and Connecticut $600.00 (title exam, mortgage recording and underwriting).
- New York is $1,400.00 (title exam, mortgage recording, mortgage recording tax, underwriting)
Have a Question?
Contact our Vice President of Lending:
*The HELOC interest rate is an adjustable rate currently based on the Prime Rate, plus .50% (With a minimum interest rate of 3.75%). Rates are subject to change.
Your rate will be reviewed monthly. The maximum Annual Percentage Rate that can apply is 18.00%, or the maximum permitted by law, whichever is less. Introductory Rate HELOCs.
A minimum FICO credit score of 760 is required.
Maximum loan-to-value 75% (Heloc, and any senior mortgage, not to exceed 75% of home’s appraised value)
The maximum home equity line of credit loan amount is $75,000.
You must be a member of UFCU to apply. Existing UFCU debt is not eligible.