Unilever Federal Credit Union
INTERNET BANKING SERVICES
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions govern the manner in which Unilever Federal Credit Union (we, us, our) will provide PC Internet Banking to you:
Internet Banking Member Service Information
You can have access to our Internet banking service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can speak with a Customer Service representative from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Friday.
In New Jersey: 201 894 7463
Outside of New Jersey (toll-free): 800 975 3328
Electronic Mail can be sent by clicking the “contact us” link
Mail may also be addressed to:
Unilever Federal Credit Union
800 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
You must have an active Unilever Federal Credit Union account.
You authorize us to utilize Summit Information Systems to provide the Services to You on Our behalf. We reserve the right to refuse to make any payment and/or transfer.
Under no circumstances will we be liable if we are unable to complete any payments and/or transfers initiated in a timely manner via the Services because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. You do not obtain Confirmation at the time you initiate payment and/or transfer.
2. The designated Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the payment and/or transfer.
3. You have closed the designated Account.
4. We have identified you as a credit risk and have chosen to (i) make all payments and/or transfers initiated by you via the Services utilizing a paper, as opposed to electronic, method, or (ii) to terminate your subscription to the Services.
5. The Services, your equipment, the software, or any communications link is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction.
6. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside source) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid these circumstances.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OTHER LOSS, DAMAGE, OR INJURY, WHETHER CAUSED BY YOUR EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE SERVICES, OR ANY TECHNICAL OR EDITORIAL ERRORS CONTAINED IN OR OMISSIONS FROM ANY USER GUIDE/BROCHURE RELATED TO THE SERVICES. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE OR MAINTENANCE OF YOUR EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES, EXCEPT WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD.
Except for those transfers which are completed immediately, you may cancel or modify a payment and/or transfer up to 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) the same Business Day you schedule for payment and/or transfer.
All payments and/or transfers made via the Services will be listed on your monthly account statements (Statement) that you receive from us.
We may, from time to time, introduce new services or enhance the existing Services. We shall notify you of the existence of these new or enhanced services. By using these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the obligations concerning these services, which will be sent to you.
Care of Your Security Code and Security:
You agree that you will not give your Services security code (Security Code) or make it available to any other person. If you believe that your Security Code has been lost or stolen, or that someone has made payments and/or transfers using your Security Code without your permission, notify us IMMEDIATELY by phone any time during Member Service hours or send an electronic message through the Service.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Payments:
If you believe that your Security Code has been lost or stolen, notify us IMMEDIATELY as provided above in order to keep your possible losses down. If you notify us within two (2)Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft, your maximum liability is $50.00. If you do NOT notify us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Security Code, and we can prove that we could have prevented someone from using your Security Code if you had told us in time, your maximum liability is $ 500.00.
If your Statement contains payments and/or transfers that you did not make, notify us IMMEDIATELY. If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after the Statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any of the money you lost if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a hospital stay or a long trip) prevented you from telling us, we may at our discretion, extend the time.
Errors and Questions:
Contact us as soon as possible at either the address or telephone number described above if you think that a payment and/or transfer listed on your statement is in error or if you need more information about a payment and/or transfer listed on the Statement. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after you received the first Statement on which the problem or error appeared.
When you call or write us, you must:
1. Tell your name and User ID.
2. Describe the payment and/or transfer you are unsure about (Account information, Transaction Date, Transaction Amount) and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or need more information. If possible, please provide us with the Confirmation Number for such transaction.
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, or by using the Services’ electronic mail, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days. We will tell you the result of our investigation within ten (10) Business Days after we receive your complaint and will correct any Services error promptly. If we need more time, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate the complaint or question.
If we decide to do this, we will re-credit your Account within ten (10) Business Days after we hear from you, for the amount you think is in error in order that you may have the use of the money during the time it takes to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your question or complaint in writing and we do not receive it within ten(10)Business Days, we may not re-credit your Account.
If we decide that there was no error, we will mail or transmit to you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after we have completed the investigation, and within ten (10) Business days of the date of such explanation, we will debit your account of the amount previously re-credited to you for use during the time we took to complete our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used during our investigation.
Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties:
We will only disclose information to third parties about your Accounts:
1. When it is necessary for completing payments and/or transfers;
2. In order to comply with a government agency or court order; or
3. If you give us your permission.
You will be charged fees for the Services in accordance to those disclosed in the Fee Schedule. (Our current fee schedule can always be accessed on our home page at www.unileverfcu.org). Service charges will be paid from a designated Account. In the event of your failure to timely pay us, you authorize us to effect automatic payment from one of your Accounts by electronic, paper or other draft means. In the event we are unable to process a Services transaction; (if, for example, there are insufficient funds in your designated Accounts) the transaction will result in a “Failed Payment and/or Transfer.”
In such event, we will charge the total cost of the transaction, including any service charges, to you. In the event of repetitive Failed Payment and/or Transfer, we reserve the right to suspend your subscription to the Services. This suspension may be without prior notice to you. If your subscription is suspended, transactions which were previously initiated may still continue to be processed (unless canceled) and confirmation of such cancellation is provided as specified below. Suspension will be handled by Member Service and all inquiries and Correspondence relating thereto including requests for reinstatement should be directed to Internet Banking Member Service. In the event your subscription is suspended, we will notify you by mail to your listed address.
You agree to pay us the fees to be published by us from time to time. (Our current fee schedule can always be accessed on our home page at www.unileverfcu.org).
Additional Terms and Conditions
1. In addition to the foregoing, you agree to be bound by and comply with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. We agree to be bound by them too.
2. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Services, in whole or in part, at any time, without prior notice.
3. You may cancel your subscription to the Services, upon thirty (30)days prior notice to Internet Banking Member Services. You will be responsible for all payments and/or transfers you have requested prior to termination and for all other charges and fees incurred, if any.
BE SURE TO CANCEL ALL OUTSTANDING PAYMENT AND/OR TRANSFER ORDERS WITHIN THE 30 DAY NOTIFICATION PERIOD. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENTS AND/OR TRANSFERS NOT CANCELLED OR MADE DUE TO YOUR ACTIONS RELATED TO SERVICE TERMINATION.
4. These Terms and Conditions and applicable Services fees and charges may only be altered or amended by us. In such event, we shall send notice to you at your listed address or transmit notice of the alteration or amendment over the Services. Your use of the Services following receipt of such notice constitutes acceptance of such alterations or amendments.
5. In the event of a dispute regarding the Services, you and we agree to resolve this dispute by looking to these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall supersede any and all other representations made by you or our employees.
6. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey.
7. Business Days are Monday through Friday excluding normal banking holidays and published scheduled closings.