The UFCU Savings Account is the foundation of your Credit Union membership. The account is referred to as the master account with a suffix “00”. It is established automatically with your membership application. Savings is easy by establishing regular Direct Deposit of Net Pay or by making occasional periodic deposits. The account is a good way to build a rainy day fund, or save for a special occasion. Your savings can be withdrawn at any time.
The account offers:
- No fees
- Interest bearing
- Easy access for balances and for transfers
- Around-the-clock account access
Opening an account is easy. Simply complete an on-line Membership Application
Unilever FCU’s Money Market Account (MMA) is a powerful high-yielding account. Features include:
- Minimum balance is $2,500.
- Rates may change monthly. Click here for current MMA Tier rates
- Higher Tiers earn higher dividend rates
- Dividends are computed on the daily balance (day In – day Out) method and are credited to your account monthly
- Electronic withdrawals or transfers are limited to 6 per month, including a maximum of 3 by check
- Courtesy Checks are available
- There is no limit to the number of in-person withdrawals you can make You must deposit at least $2,500 to open a Money Market Account. There are no restrictions on subsequent deposits. If you close your account before dividends are paid, you will not receive the accrued dividends. If at any time during the month, your balance drops below the $2,500 minimum, you will not receive any dividends. You must be a member of UFCU to apply.
See our Fee Schedule for a list of fees you may encounter
UFCU Share Certificates offer you attractive yields that are guaranteed. And you can establish a maturity schedule to fit your needs. Available with terms from 3 months to 60 months. Minimum amounts are $1,000. Higher yields are available for amounts over $10,000 and $75,000 (Jumbos). So, if you’re tired of stock market volatility, consider share certificates. You must be a member of UFCU to apply.
Click here to see our current rates
Click here to open a Share Certificate
Share Certificate Laddering
Share Certificate laddering is a smart way to earn more on your invested funds. It works like this. Through convenient, regular payroll deductions you’ve accumulated a substantial amount in your regular savings account. You want to earn higher rates. Establish a ladder of share certificate that mature in one, two, three and four years. One year later, the first share certificate matures with interest. If you don’t need the money, reinvest in a new four-year certificate, at the higher dividend rate. Next year, your two-year share certificate matures with interest. Again, if you don’t need the money, reinvest in another four-year share certificate at the higher dividend rate. By the end of the fourth year, all your investments will be earning at the higher four-year share certificate rates. Laddering gives you higher earnings and the flexibility of access to your funds if you need them. Spreading the maturities over four years is just one way. The ladder also works over shorter periods, say six months, one year, eighteen months and two years. You must be a member of UFCU to apply.
Click here to open a Share Certificate
Traditional IRA and Roth IRA accounts are programs designed to help you save for retirement. A Traditional IRA is funded with pre-tax money and may be tax-deductible on your current Federal Income Tax Return. A Roth IRA is funded with your after-tax money, and your annual deposits are not tax deductible. The Credit Union offers both savings and term accounts for Traditional IRAs. Roth IRAs are term accounts only. You must be a member of UFCU to apply.
Contact the Credit Union to open your IRA account today
Kid$ Club Savings Account
One of the greatest gifts we can give a child is to teach them financial responsibility at a young age. Whether your children earn money by doing chores or as a gift, we encourage them to deposit their money into our savings account.
The goals of the program are to help your child build a healthy relationship with money and to reward them for keeping up good grades!
Account Benefits *
- No monthly fee
- Competitive interest rates with quarterly dividends
- Welcome initial deposit of $5
- Matching reward funds
Program Guidelines / Specifics
- Account is for young members under the age of 17.
- For all youth accounts, a parent or legal guardian must be a joint owner on the account. We will ask for your child’s Social Security number and a copy of the birth certificate. Parent or guardian must also provide a copy of a Photo ID. (Please attached it to the secure online application).
- Set up direct deposit on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis (optional) or bring your children into the Credit Union and let them make deposits in person.
- Turn in their report cards each marking period to earn money. Parents or Grandparents deposit. Get $5 when you open a Savings Account. Get $2 for each A and $1 for each B. To help your child’s money grow the Credit Union will match your deposit.
- Report cards must be presented to verify students’ grades in person or email by a parent or guardian. Our branch is located at the 700 Sylvan Ave; Englewood Cliffs facility. Email: email@example.com
- Maximum benefit is $40 per school year. Academic classes only.
How to Open an Account:
- Complete the Membership Application. As a parent, you will be guarantor on your child’s account.
- The Primary Member Section will be your child’s information including their social security number.
- The parent will fill the Joint Member Section.
- The parent will sign on both sections. Please include a copy of:
- Parent’s photo ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Minor’s birth certificate or passport
Once the account is active, grandparents, other family members and family friends may deposit money in the account.
Contact Member Services: firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-975-3328.
* Dividends are paid on a quarterly basis and are calculated by the daily balance method in the variable rate account.
Rate and rules are subject to change without prior notification. The money is deposited into your Unilever Federal Credit Union Account. A $5 minimum account balance is required. Statement fee per mailed statement is $1.00 (eStatements are FREE). Your savings account is federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
For a complete deposit account disclosure click here and our fee schedule Click here.
About Children’s Online Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and services directed to, and which knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. Unilever Federal Credit Union website and online services are not directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from them. For additional information on COPPA protections, click here to view the Federal Trade Commission’s website and for more information on how the FTC is aimed at educating both parents and children about the dangers of the Internet and how to browse safely.
US PATRIOT ACT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.